Last updated: December 1, 2019
Thank you for choosing to do business with LYNK Capital, LLC (the “Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies, or about our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us.
What Information Do We Collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when requesting information about our products and services, when applying for a loan, or when otherwise contacting us. This information may include your name, birth date, e-mail address, phone number, passwords, social security number, financial and credit history, assets that you own, business ventures you are contemplating, and other pieces of public or non-public information. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices you make, and the products and features you use.
Information automatically collected
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to create an account with us, we will collect certain information such as your e-mail address, password, and password hints for the purposes of establishing and maintaining your account.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you provide for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To deliver services to you. We may use your information to provide our services to you, including the evaluation of loan applications or scenarios you submit to us.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing, and your experience.
Will Your Information Be Shared?
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill our business obligations to you.
We may share data for the following reasons:
- Specific consent: We may share your data if you have specifically given us consent to do so.
- Legitimate Interests: We may share your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests, such as in the evaluation and administration of loan requests.
- Legal Obligations: We may share your information when we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable laws, governmental requests, judicial proceedings, court orders, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Vital Interests: We may share your information when we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Additionally, we may need to share your personal information in the following types of situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: credit bureaus (for the purpose of obtaining credit reports), appraisers (for the purpose of obtaining appraisals), title companies (for the purpose of closing loan transactions), attorneys, document preparation services, budget estimators, loan servicing companies, and other similar vendors involved in the loan fulfillment and administration process. Additional examples may include vendors involved in payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Services over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Asset Transfers and Financing Initiatives. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any sale of company assets or any company financing initiatives.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Services. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill our business purposes. Certain government regulations may require us to retain information related to loan applications for an extended period of time.
How Do We Keep Your Information Safe?
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process; however, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Do We Collect Information From Minors?
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age, and have no business reason for doing so. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us.
What Are Your Privacy Rights?
- Cookes and similar tracking technologies. Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services.
- Email marketing. You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of any accounts you have with us.
- Data retention. Upon the submission of information to us, you may generally not request that we delete such information, as we may be required to retain such information for certain regulatory reporting purposes for an extended period of time.
How May This Policy Be Changed?
Notices for Certain Geographies
- Residents of the European Union. We do not do business in the European Union. If you are a resident of the European Union, you may not use this site or any of our Services.
- Residents of California. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request to us in writing.